Pinhook Whiskey, Bourbon, and Rye in North Carolina

We’ve featured Pinhook before in some lists of whiskey that you can’t find in North Carolina. Well, that’s about to change, at least for a couple flagship bottles from the distillery. On March 3rd, 2021, two Pinhook releases were added to the North Carolina ABC price list, indicating their arrival, hopefully, in the next few months to the state. As far as we can tell, no shipments have arrived (as of the morning of March 5th), but we’re keeping an eye out.

Both of the initial bottle offerings to NC from Pinhook are part of their Flagship series. This series features a bourbon and a rye whiskey that each have a unique vintage each year they are released. Both Small Batch whiskeys, these unique vintages allow Pinhook to release something unique, yet simple, without constraining themselves to the exact same profile year after year. Each barrel is different, after all.

Pinhook “Bohemian Bourbon”

The first of the two bottles that will be released in North Carolina as part of the inaugural Pinhook distribution is the Pinhook Bohemian Bourbon, the distillery’s flagship bourbon for 2020. The 2020 vintage touts a mash bill of 75% corn, 15% rye, and 10% malted barley. It’s considered their “high proof” offering, bottled at 95 Proof (47.5% ABV). In North Carolina, Pinhook Bohemian will be sold at a retail price of $41.95, slightly above MSRP.


Pinhook Bohemian Bourbon High Proof

Pinhook “Rye’d On”

Pinhook Rye’d On will also be released soon in North Carolina. This is the Rye whiskey couter-part to the Bohemian. In a departure of their history of source MGP Rye for their brand, Rye’d On uses a rye mash bill distilled and aged in partnership with Castle & Key Distillery. The mash bill is 60% rye, with the other 40% split evenly between corn and malted barley. It boasts a modest age statement of 2 years, though press releases put it closer to 3 years. Pinhook Rye’d On 2020 is bottled at 97 Proof (48.5% ABV). It will retail in North Carolina at $41.95 (MSRP is ~$38).


Pinhook Rye’d On Straight Rye Whiskey
750ml

More From Pinhook:


Pinhook Rye Humor True Single Barrel Rye
750ml


Pinhook 2018 Flagship Combo


Pinhook Bourbon Vertical Series 2020 “Bourbon War”
750ml

You May Also Like:

Smoke Wagon Small Batch Bourbon Whiskey


Smoke Wagon Small Batch Bourbon Whiskey
Mash and Grape
750ml

Sazerac 6 Year Old Straight Rye Whiskey


Sazerac 6 Year Old Straight Rye Whiskey
Mash and Grape
750ml

Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon


Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon
Mash and Grape
750ml